Thursday, July 22, 2010

TaggedFrog

I wrote about this in our small group discussions, but it is worth mentioning here, too. The latest free software craze in my household is TaggedFrog. It's basically a way to apply multiple organizational tags to the scholarly articles you save for future use. As many articles can apply to many niche topics, you can use tags to suit your multiple needs in finding, retrieving and organizing the scores of documents you accumulate. Basically, you create tag clouds for each article that you can manipulate in various ways. This is an example of what Weinberger points out when he suggests that the use of tags is akin to placing one leaf on many trees (Weinberger 2007, 83). If you're like me, you have pdfs scattered throughout your computer that could possibly be of more use if you could only determine what they're about at a quick glance. My husband has basically been obsessed with this for the past couple of weeks. It is admittedly pretty awesome and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with my tag cloud as I collect more articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment