Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fast Track

So, Fast Track weekend came and went. Aside from general test anxiety and a ragging migraine on Friday, all went well. It was great to meet my fellow classmates and put faces to names. Within a short time (a matter of a few hours) we bonded as any in-person class does, so that was kind of wonderful.

Because I live near Pittsburgh I’ve been in and around the city often. But I haven’t spent much time on campus. It was nice to actually feel like a student again (though there is the stress and there is the work, I would say that doing this online does not make you feel like part of the academe). I think this aspect of Pitt’s program is wonderful. I kind of wish it was a whole week, as it used to be. (Though my boss wouldn’t like that.) I loved chatting with classmates during a break. I kept thinking of Michael Chabon. I can’t wait for October!

And the Nesbitt Room. Hello, dream job! Nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment