Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is it okay?

I'm reading Remix by Lawrence Lessig and it just dawned on me that it might not be okay to post that clip of Mitch and Webb. I'm not sure what the policy is. Every blog I read does it. Also, I would not have found out about the show if I hadn't seen a youtube clip on someone else's blog (knew about the comedy duo from seeing Peepshow on British tv, but didn't know they were an English comedy machine! Score.). By the way, you can watch That Mitchell and Webb Look on Netflix's Watch Instantly.

How is it not obvious that this kind of technology increases exposure, which leads to more exposure which inevitably leads to profit? I would totally buy some Sir Digby Chicken Caesar products. We're living in a small world. British comedy should be at our fingertips. If they don't play it on our tvs, we should be able to have access to it through other means. Has anyone seen the Australian show The Librarians? It is brilliant and very topical. I haven't been able to find any viable source for it state-side, though. I think an episode of The Librarians and some pizza once a month would be a great staff bonding ritual at my work, but I'm not about to suggest something illicit. Why is it hard to find? Nothing should be, these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment